NEW! Worried about Social Security retirement benefits for yourself or a family member? Volume 1 of Social Security In 30 Minutes can help you understand the basics of Social Security retirement insurance, including eligibility, application steps, benefit amounts, and much more. Topics include:
- How retirement benefits are calculated and the work credit requirements
- Taxes on benefits and cost of living adjustments
- Full retirement age (FRA), early retirement, and delayed retirement
- Benefits for family members and survivors
- Social Security for workers with government pensions
- Communicating with the Social Security Administration
- Social Security and Medicare
- Social Security scams
As a former full-time human services coordinator, author Emily Pogue helped thousands of clients navigate the Social Security system. In this guide, she uses plain English explanations and easy-to-grasp examples to help readers understand how the system works and how to maximize Social Security retirement benefits.
Companion guide: Social Security In 30 Minutes, Volume 2: Disability Benefits
Add this book to your shopping cart now using the button on this page! Then select checkout from your cart. Make a payment using PayPal or our secure credit card form (HTTPS connections use TLS/SSL and card numbers are encrypted on disk with the AES-256 encryption standard).
The book is also available on Amazon.