Updated for Excel 2016! Here’s your chance to finally learn how to use Microsoft Excel! In a single sitting, this quick and easy user guide will help you learn MS Excel basics, from navigating the home screen to working with formulas and charts. It’s a great Excel tutorial that will help you in the office, at school, or even at home.
Excel Basics In 30 Minutes, 2nd Edition is written in plain English, with lots of step-by-step instructions and screenshots that demonstrate exactly what to do. This MS Excel tutorial references Excel 2016, but most of the step-by-step instructions apply to earlier versions of MS Excel released as part of the Microsoft Office and Office 365 suites, including Excel 2013 and Excel 2010. If you don’t own Excel, the book explains how to use two free online spreadsheets programs: Excel Online and Google Sheets (part of the Google Drive online office suite).
- Excel screen layout, cells, and terminology
- Excel 2016 vs. Excel Online vs. Google Sheets
- Basic Excel formatting
- Excel formulas and functions
- How to make charts in Excel
- Sorting and filtering
- Collaboration and sharing
- Exporting PDF, CSV, and other forms
- Printing tips
- Excel import and export formats (PDF, .CSV, .TSV, text, etc.)
This is not an Excel bible, but rather a basic Excel tutorial and reference that answers the core questions that any new Excel user will have:
- What is a spreadsheet?
- What are cells?
- What is the button with the Greek letter for?
- How can Excel spreadsheets create basic financial projections?
- How can certain data in a worksheet be highlighted?
- How can data be alphabetized or ranked?
- How to edit a chart in Excel
- How to print an Excel spreadsheet without cutting off columns
The second edition is up-to-date with new instructions and high-resolution screenshots of Excel 2016, Excel Online, and the new Google Sheets. It includes new sections about collaboration, OneDrive, and other features.
Add this book to your shopping cart now! Use the “Add to cart” button or link, and then select checkout from your cart. Make a payment using PayPal or our secure credit card form (HTTPS connections use TLS/SSL and card numbers are encrypted on disk with the AES-256 encryption standard).
The book is also available on Amazon.