What is Dropbox, and how can you get the most out of Dropbox on your computer, phone, or tablet? In Dropbox In 30 Minutes (2nd Edition), award-winning technology journalist Ian Lamont uses step-by-step instructions, screenshots, and a touch of humor to explain everything from basic Dropbox installation steps to best practices for Dropbox sharing. In a single sitting, this quick and easy guide will help you get the most out of Dropbox on your computer, phone, or tablet.
The second edition of this popular Dropbox book includes updated chapters as well as additional sections describing new features of the Dropbox apps for Windows and Mac PCs and laptops, iOS devices (including the Dropbox app for iPhones and iPads), and Android phones and tablets. The Dropbox manual also covers many useful features of Dropbox.com for backing up, sharing, and recovering files. In addition, the book’s popular Dropbox FAQ has been expanded.
- Dropbox system requirements
- How Dropbox works in the cloud
- Installing Dropbox on Windows PCs (Dropbox on Windows 7 and earlier, Dropbox on Windows 10 and Windows 8)
- Installing Dropbox on Macs (macOS), iOS and Android
- The Dropbox app for iOS and Android
- Saving files to Dropbox
- Working with Dropbox folders/groups of files
- Dropbox preferences and Selective Sync
- Opening a Dropbox file or folder from a second computer
- Dropbox mobile app: Downloading/uploading files
- Dropbox Camera Upload for backing up and transferring photos from your mobile phone
- How to automatically transfer photos and videos from your phone to your Dropbox account
- Limited Dropbox sharing via links
- Dropbox collaboration
Add this book to your shopping cart now! Use the “Add to cart” button or link, and then select checkout from your cart. Make a payment using PayPal or our secure credit card form (HTTPS connections use TLS/SSL and card numbers are encrypted on disk with the AES-256 encryption standard).
The book is also available on Amazon.