Just a few short years ago, if you wanted to produce a new gadget or raise money to make an independent film, you had no choice but to scrape together funding on your own … or hope a generous friend or relative might put up seed capital. These days, there’s a new approach: crowdfunding. Sites such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and GoFundMe can not only help you raise money to fund your idea or cause, they can also help you establish a community of enthusiastic supporters.
In Crowdfunding Basics In 30 Minutes, author and crowdfunding expert Michael J. Epstein explains how to plan and execute a successful crowdfunding campaign. In a single sitting, you will learn about the different types of crowdfunding projects that are possible, including entrepreneurial startups, creative or artistic projects, charities and community causes, individual support campaigns, and patronage funding.
This crowdfunding book covers budgeting basics as well as goal-setting, not to mention the importance of preparing professional-looking campaign assets such as video clips, photographs, and calls-to-action. The author explains how to design reward tiers that not only attract backers, but also won’t bankrupt your budget. Other topics in Crowdfunding Basics In 30 Minutes include:
- Determining how much money you can raise
- Pros and cons of platforms including Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe, Patreon, and more
- All-or-nothing campaigns vs. partial funding campaigns vs. patronage systems
- How to plan and budget a crowdfunding campaign
- Time requirements for organizers
- Hidden costs, from shipping to backer melt
- Taxes and legal requirements
- Best practices for tiered rewards
- Telling your story with images, video, and text
- Ten top tips for creating a great campaign video
- Six tips for an effective text pitch
- Nine best practices for tiered rewards
- Why campaigns fail: 10 pitfalls to avoid
- How to keep momentum going in a lagging campaign
- The art of communicating with crowdfunding backers
Throughout Crowdfunding Basics In 30 Minutes, Epstein cites his extensive experience organizing crowdfunding campaigns as well examples from some of the hundreds of other campaigns he has backed. If you have been dreaming about launching your own crowdfunding project, this crowdfunding book will be an invaluable guide.
Add this book to your shopping cart now! Use the “Add to cart” button or link, and then select checkout from your cart. Make a payment using PayPal or our secure credit card form (HTTPS connections use TLS/SSL and card numbers are encrypted on disk with the AES-256 encryption standard).
The book is also available on Amazon.