Publisher i30 Media released its new guide to Microsoft PowerPoint this week. Titled PowerPoint Basics In 30 Minutes: How to make effective PowerPoint presentations using a PC, Mac, PowerPoint Online, or the PowerPoint app, the book explains how to make great PowerPoint presentations that get real results.
This unofficial PowerPoint user guide covers the basic features of PowerPoint 2016 (part of the Office 365 suite), PowerPoint Online, and the PowerPoint mobile apps, including PowerPoint for Android and PowerPoint for iOS. The PowerPoint manual also demonstrates how to use some of PowerPoint’s most powerful features and tools, such as:
- Premade PowerPoint templates with gorgeous backgrounds and fonts.
- Custom PowerPoint layouts that fit your personality or corporate identity.
- Special PowerPoint formatting and design options.
- Tools to place photos, video, and audio onto slides.
- Shapes, graphs, tables, and SmartArt.
- Graceful transitions between PowerPoint slides.
- PowerPoint animations that can make text and other elements come to life.
- Proofing tools for spelling and review.
- PowerPoint collaboration features that make it easy to work with colleagues or classmates.
- Exporting PowerPoint PDFs, online versions for the Web, and package presentations to share with others.
- Creating paper copies and printed PowerPoint handouts.
- Showing your presentation with a mouse or mobile device, or using a PowerPoint remote or PowerPoint clicker.
Author Angela Rose also gives tips on how to communicate more effectively using PowerPoint decks. Whether you are giving a business presentation, preparing a lecture for a class or seminar, or using Microsoft PowerPoint for personal use, PowerPoint Basics In 30 Minutes can help you create a better-looking presentation that makes a big impact.
The book is available as a paperback, a Kindle book, and an ebook for the iPad and other e-reader devices. A PDF version is also available. Visit powerpoint.in30minutes.com for more details.
About the author
About IN 30 MINUTES Guides
i30 Media Corp. is the publisher of the award-winning IN 30 MINUTES series – quick guides for a complex world. Thousands of readers turn to the series to understand mildly complex topics, ranging from genealogy to computer software. The tone is friendly and easy to understand, with step-by-step instructions and lots of examples. Top-selling titles include Google Drive & Docs In 30 Minutes, Twitter In 30 Minutes, and the award-winning LinkedIn In 30 Minutes. For more information about the series, visit in30minutes.com