In a single sitting, readers will learn how to plan and execute successful crowdfunding campaigns on Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe, and other online platforms. Epstein explains different types of crowdfunding projects, including entrepreneurial startups, creative or artistic projects, charities and community causes, individual support campaigns, and patronage funding. The guide also covers budgeting basics as well as realistic goal-setting, not to mention the importance of preparing professional-looking campaign assets such as video clips, photographs, and calls-to-action.
Other topics include:
- Determining how much money organizers can raise
- Pros and cons of platforms such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe, Patreon, and more
- All-or-nothing campaigns vs. partial funding campaigns vs. patronage systems
- Time requirements for organizers
- Hidden costs, from shipping to backer melt
- Taxes and legal requirements
- Telling your story with images, video, and text
- Best practices for tiered rewards
- Why campaigns fail: 10 pitfalls to avoid
- How to keep momentum going in a lagging campaign
- The art of communicating with crowdfunding backers
Throughout Crowdfunding Basics In 30 Minutes, Epstein cites his extensive experience organizing crowdfunding campaigns as well examples from some of the hundreds of other campaigns he has backed. Images, tables, and charts help illustrate additional concepts.
Crowdfunding Basics In 30 Minutes is available now in paperback and ebook editions for Kindles, iPads, and other mobile devices. Go to the official book website located at http://crowdfunding.in30minutes.com to see the available download and purchasing options.
About the author
Michael J. Epstein is a Los Angeles-based filmmaker, writer, musician, and scientist. His work has been featured in TIME, Scientific American, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, SPIN, CURVE, Famous Monsters, and Fangoria. Michael’s feature films TEN, Magnetic, and Blood of the Tribades were all funded using Kickstarter. His full bio is located here.
To contact the author or publisher, please use our contact form.